J.Crew Fall 2011 Preview

As I was walking up to Industria Studios yesterday afternoon for the J.Crew Fall 2011 preview, I saw Vogue editor Filipa Fina leaving.  She was wearing bright plum colored cropped pants.  Not sure if this was planned or a coincidence but it was definitely a harbinger of what was to come inside as viewed by the first looks above.  Obviously, I am already a fan of J.Crew but I have to say that I really loved the fall 2011 women's collection.  The saturated colors like orange and fuchsia are gorgeous and will look great mixed with pieces in grey and camel that you might already own.  Women's designer Marissa Webb treated her team to movie night where they were inspired by Bonnie and Clyde and The Great Gatsby.  The result is a mix of ladylike femininity and confident tailoring with a little whimsy thrown in for good measure.  I think my favorite for fall is all the resin jewelry that I definitely wanted to steal off the models.  Men's designer Frank Muytjens was inspired by photographer Lewis Hine and his photos of construction workers building the Empire State Building in the 1930's.  The silhouettes were slimmed for the modern man and are sure to be a hit this fall.  Actually, it's too bad that we have to wait until fall for these fashions since the weather is perfect for these looks! 






































I think J.Crew needs to hire Travis Gumbs and Joshua Kissi of Street Etiquette as models next season.  They were some of the most dapper men I've ever seen!

Marissa Webb and Jenna Lyons also make perfect J.Crew models.  Love those orange pants!

All photos by Heather Clawson for Habitually Chic